These five tricks will help you grill peaches perfectly every time.
Grilled peaches are delicious for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Sweet and juicy, they make a great salad or side dish. Paired with vanilla ice cream, they’re the perfect summer dessert. Here’s how to prepare and grill peaches so they’re just right….
- Pick them off the tree when they’re still firm.
- If you wash your peaches before you start cooking them, you’ll prevent any discoloration. This is because the skin contains natural oils that cause the fruit to turn brown when exposed to heat.
- Wash them with cold water. Cold water removes those oils, leaving the fruit looking fresh and juicy.
- After washing your peaches, let them sit in cold water for at least one hour before grilling. This allows the juices to drain out so that the fruit won’t become soggy.
How to Grill Peaches
- Fire up the grill! For gas grills, you’ll want it at a medium temperature. If you’re using a charcoal grill wait until the flames settle to a medium/low.
- Cut peaches in half and remove pits.
- Drizzle with olive oil and place flesh side down on the grill.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes until peaches start to soften.
- Lower heat and flip peaches over.
- Brush with olive oil and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve them warm.
If you’re serving your grilled peaches hot off the grill, you’ll lose some of the flavor. Instead, serve them at room temperature or slightly warmed up.
- If you’re going to eat the peach right away, you’ll need to remove the pit first. Then, slice off the top and bottom of the fruit. Next, cut the peach into quarters lengthwise. Finally, use a spoon to scoop out the flesh.
I love this recipe for Grilled Peaches with Cinnamon Sugar Butter from the Food Network.
Tomato, Peach and Burrata Salad
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces burrata cheese
- 2 grilled or baked peaches, cooled and sliced into wedges
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil
In a medium bowl combine honey, vinegar and oil. Whisk well.
Toss in tomatoes and peaches.
Plate burrata and pour contents of bowl over. Garnish with fresh basil.