Throwing a glow-in-the-dark party for my son’s 9th birthday was a total blast! The theme was a hit with all the kids, and adults too! I mean, who doesn’t love black lights, glow sticks, and dance music?! The kids had so much fun with the face paints, glow sticks and all the fun stuff we set-up for them to get their GLOW on. And it was so fun to watch them snapping pics of each other, making TikToks and showing off their crazy dance moves. It was definitely a night to remember!
Glow-in-the-dark parties are the perfect theme for kids of all ages, from toddler to teen. It’s a theme that’s easy to adapt to suit different interests and ages, so it works great for families with kids of different ages. Our crew had a blast with all the cool glow in the dark party supplies we set-up. I’ve linked lots of them below.
And check-out our Glow Party Inspo page for more ideas!
Glow in the Dark Party Supplies We Love
- Black Lights
- glow in the dark balloons and giant balloon numbers
- UV face paint and paint sticks
- light up foam glow sticks
- flashing light-up wands
- glow in the dark dot strings
- glow in the dark neon tape
- glow sticks
- party light speakers
- glow in the dark bracelets
- glow in the dark cotton candy
- glow in the dark invitations
- glow in the dark party banner
- glow in the dark cake topper
- glow in the dark party floor squares
- glow squad t shirts
Shop Our Favorite Items Below
10 Fun Ideas for Throwing a Kids Glow-in-the-Dark Party
Glow-in-the-dark parties are always a hit with kids! It’s a unique way to add some excitement to any celebration, and it’s perfect for sleepovers, birthday parties, and more. Here are 10 fun ideas for throwing a kids glow-in-the-dark party that will have your little ones shining bright like stars!
- Glow-in-the-Dark Decorations: Get creative with decor! Purchase glow sticks and decorations to hang around the room and make it look like a night sky. You can also make your own decorations using glow-in-the-dark paint or even glow-in-the-dark balloons!
- Black Light Games: Turn off the lights and turn on the black lights for some fun games! From a classic game of tag to glow-in-the-dark bowling, the possibilities are endless.
- UV Face Painting: Let the kids express their creativity with UV face paint. They’ll have a blast getting their faces painted with glowing designs and patterns.
- Dance Party: Put on some music and let the kids dance the night away! Encourage them to wear neon clothing or accessories for an even brighter dance party.
- Glow-in-the-Dark Crafts: Keep the kids entertained with some fun glow-in-the-dark crafts. You can make necklaces, bracelets, and even glow-in-the-dark slime!
- Scavenger Hunt: Create a scavenger hunt using glow sticks as markers. The kids will have a blast searching for items in the dark.
- Movie Night: Watch a favorite movie with a glow-in-the-dark twist! Turn off the lights and enjoy the movie with some glow sticks and black lights.
- Balloon Fight: Fill balloons with glow sticks and have a balloon fight in the dark! The kids will love the excitement and the glow-in-the-dark twist.
- Glow-in-the-Dark Bingo: Play a game of bingo with glow-in-the-dark markers. The kids will have a blast trying to get bingo in the dark!
- Pizza Party: End the night with a pizza party! Use glow-in-the-dark plates and cups for an extra-special touch.
Throw a glow-in-the-dark party your kids will never forget! With these 10 fun ideas, you’re sure to have a bright and shining celebration.