Fall is a time of year when we decorate our homes with leaves, pumpkins and other harvest items. Some people like to keep their decorations simple and others like to get very creative. Whatever it is you like, here are some ideas for fall decorations that will make your home feel festive and welcoming.
Fall Decor Ideas
There are many ways to decorate for fall; we have listed some of the most popular ones below:
- Decorate with pumpkins and other harvest items
- Hang a harvest wreath on your front door
- Add a touch of autumn color with potted mums
- Plaid throw pillows and cozy knit throws create a fall vibe
- Give your space a warm autumn glow with candles or lighted branches
Fall Home Decor
Fall is the perfect time to transform your home into a cozy and warm space. I love scouting Home Goods and Target for fabulous fall pieces to give my home an autumn makeover.
A few tips for shopping for fall decorations:
- Identify focal points that are easy to transition each season. Front porch, entryway, fireplace and mantle, dining room table. These are key areas that you can add elements to that will be simple but also make a statement.
- Use a color palette that invokes that feel of fall. Think foliage colors, neutrals with a pop of orange, bronze and browns.
- Combine natural elements with store bought decorations. You can find pumpkins, corn stalks, straw bales and a variety of flowers at your local hardware and garden supply store.
Pinboard Photo Sources (top left to right)
- Mums on the Porch- Homemade in Heaven Blog
- Fall Greetings Burlap Pillow- Opulent Cottage
- Pumpkin Sideboard Decoration- Three Pixie Lane
- Pumpkin Centerpiece Runner- Snap Creativity
- Mini Pumpkins
- Front of House Decoration- Dishfunctionaldesigns
- White Initial Pumpkin- The Butlers
- Lighted Branches- Sugarpie Farmhouse
Shop for Fall Decor