Declutter your home and find more joy in serenity of an organized, stress-free space. We’re sharing how to get start shedding the weight of too much stuff!
A cluttered space can lead to a cluttered mind, and living with less can bring a sense of freedom. Studies have shown that decluttering can have a number of positive benefits, including reduced stress, improved mental clarity, and increased productivity. If you’re ready to declutter and embrace minimalism, here are 10 simple steps to get started:
Along with decluttering, we;ve been searching for ways to make more sustainable choices in the things we use everyday. We switched over to using REEL paper products. They’re premium toilet paper and paper towel products made through alternative, eco-friendly means. Without cutting down trees. Reel creates products that are better for the planet. They use bamboo instead of cutting down trees, 100% recyclable packaging materials and recycled paper fibers. They also offer convenient subscriptions and free shipping with every order.
How to Declutter Your Home
- Start small. Don’t try to declutter your entire home all at once. This can be overwhelming and lead to burnout. Instead, start with a small area, such as a drawer or a shelf, and work your way up.
- Follow the “one in, one out” rule. For every new item that you bring into your home, get rid of an old one. This can help prevent your space from becoming cluttered again.
- Use storage bins and containers. Storage bins and containers can help keep your space organized and clutter-free. Label them so you know exactly what’s inside, and consider using clear bins so you can see what’s inside without having to open them.
- Get rid of duplicate items. Do you really need two toasters or three coffee makers? Be honest with yourself and get rid of duplicate items that you don’t really need.
- Donate or sell items that you no longer use. If you have items that are still in good condition but that you no longer use, consider donating them to a thrift store or selling them online.
- Use the “four box” method. The four box method involves setting aside four boxes labeled “keep,” “donate,” “sell,” and “trash.” Sort through your items and place them in the appropriate box. This can help make the decluttering process less overwhelming.
- Ask yourself if each item brings you joy. Marie Kondo’s famous quote, “keep only what brings you joy,” is a great mantra to follow when decluttering. If an item doesn’t bring you joy, then it’s time to say goodbye.
- Keep only what you use. Don’t keep items that you rarely use or that are just taking up space. If you haven’t used an item in the past year, then it’s probably time to get rid of it.
- Store items out of sight. If you have items that you need to keep such as seasonal decorations or holiday items, consider storing them out of sight in storage bins or containers. This can help keep your space looking clean and clutter-free.
- Maintain your clutter-free space. Decluttering and embracing minimalism is a ongoing process, not a one-time event. Be vigilant about getting rid of items that you no longer need or use, and regularly go through your space to ensure that it stays clutter-free.
Shop Home Organizing and Storage Items
Embracing minimalism doesn’t have to be overwhelming. By following these simple steps, you can declutter your home and create a space that brings you joy and clarity. Remember, less is more, and by getting rid of the excess, you can make room for what truly matters.
Follow our Pinterest page for more ideas and inspiration.