We’re sharing how to make a classic family dinner we love with Harris Teeter Organics. Thanks to our friends at Harris Teeter for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are mine alone.
We’ve made a conscious effort to make healthier choices in the way we eat. While we still enjoy the foods we love, I shop for mostly organic and natural foods whenever possible. But sometimes it’s hard when the selections are small or the foods are outrageously more expensive than their non-organic counterparts.
So I was super happy to find that Harris Teeter has expanded their line of organic items. Now I don’t have to go to several different grocery stores just to feel good about the foods I’m buying to feed my family. With organic options for most of the meals we plan I can find everything I need at Harris Teeter.
Lasagna is one of our family favorites, everyone loves it! It’s one of those comfort foods I know will be a crowd pleaser whether I make it just for us or when we have people over for dinner. Of course, anything pasta and cheese is on my favorites list.
Classic Lasagna Recipe
What You’ll Need
- one box of lasagna pasta
- one jar of Harris Teeter Organics Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 package of Harris Teeter Organics shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 oz cottage cheese
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Boil lasagna pasta according to package directions.
- Brown ground beef completely. Add tomato sauce and simmer for ten minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a 13×9 inch baking dish spoon enough sauce and ground beef mixture to cover bottom. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Layer with cooked pasta noodles.
- Spread cottage cheese across pasta noodles. Add a layer of sauce followed by a layer of shredded cheese.
- Repeat the above steps to add another layer.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
Shopping for organic versions of the ingredients I needed to make lasagna was even easier now that I could pick them up all in one place. I found HT Organics Pasta Sauce as well as HT Organics shredded mozzarella and organic foods to make our salad too.
I love that Harris Teeter offers their own line of organic foods with the same guarantee that backs all their private label products. HT Organics are quality items at an affordable price so you can shop for foods that are free from GMOS, synthetic fertilizers/herbicides/pesticides, antibiotics or growth hormones. No artificial preservatives, colors or flavors. Locally sourced, nutrient rich foods you can trust.
I also picked a few of our other favorite foods in the HT Organics brand: spaghetti pasta, peanut butter, yogurt, eggs, waffles and blueberries.