American Girl games, American girl crafts, American girl party ideas and inspiration. Sharing lots of fun things for kids to do and make.
I get so excited when a client contacts me about planning a theme party we haven't done before. I immediately create a Pinterest board and start scouring the web for cute ideas from other creative party people. For our American Girl themed party I found lots of pics of little girls with life sized American Girl Doll boxes used as fun photo props. I wanted to create something similar, but not too involved and advanced, as
A. item must be portable and transport with all my other party decorations B. I have to stay within a budget C. I now have limited amount of time to whip up crafty things with a busy 6 month old at home
soooooo…. I came up with the perfect solution to creating a quick and easy American Girl Doll box that costs a little over $20, easily stores and carries, and takes less than an hour to make. Hope you like it!
What you will need:
- 28×40 corrugated tri-fold display board (Walmart, Staples, Michaels)
- order poster print (Walmart or Costco)
- spray adhesive or adhesive dots
- utility knife or box cutter
- I created a 20×30 print with place for face cutout for front of display and a 20×30 print for sides. You can download those here American Girl Photo Prop Box Front and American Girl Photo Box Sides
- Order the downloaded images to print poster size from Walmart or Costco. I used Costco and they did a fabulous job. Plus poster prints are only $8.99, so it was about $18 for one front of box print and one side of box print. The side box print will be cut in half, so you only need to order one.
- Cut the side of box print, the one with the stars, in half. Easiest way to do is line up the side fold of the display board and just run your utility knife down the line.
- Spray adhesive or put glue dots down across front of your display board. Line up front image (one with lettering and white circle center) and adhere to front of display board
- Spray adhesive or glue dot sides. Place side pieces to sides, lining up white border to inside part of display board, so that it lines up with the front image at sides
- Carefully use your cutter/utility knife to cut out the center circle so that you have a place for your face.
Thats it! Now you have an awesome American Girl Doll Box prop for fun pics, party photos, or just something any little girl will love to have in her playroom!
More American Girl games and American Girl craft ideas
[pin_board url=”https://www.pinterest.com/frostedevents/theme-american-girl/” size=”custom” image_width=”150″ board_width=”900″ board_height=”450″]