Roasted Cauliflower recipe your whole family will love! How to roast cauliflower and season it so that it's full of flavor and delicious as a side dish or even as your main meal.
We've been really trying to focus on clean eating lately, even though it's really hard when you're traveling and the quickest, easiest thing to do is grab something from the fast food drive-thru. Clean eating isn't hard it just takes a little more time. Planning ahead and prepping are key to keeping yourself on track so I try to create a solid meal plan each week and aim to stick to atleast 80 percent of it.
I made this Roasted Cauliflower dish recently and it was so tasty! I really like cauliflower but trying to get my husband and the kids to go for it is a whole different story. It's really got to have a lot of flavor for them to make it past the first forced bite.
This recipe has a little spicy kick to it from the chile powder. If you want something a little more tame you could skip the chile powder and add sprinkle fresh parmesan over the cauliflower after it's roasted. Just wait till the last five or ten minutes to add cheese if you do so it doesn't burn.
Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- one head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder
- thyme sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse cauliflower and dry. Cut into bite-sized florets.
- In a medium bowl toss cauliflower and onions with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt + pepper, garlic salt and chile powder.
- You can adjust seasonings according to your personal preferences.
- Spread over a greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Remove from oven and pour into a serving dish.
- Toss with balsamic vinegar and serve. Garnish with thyme.
Healthy Recipes — How to roast cauliflower, how to cook cauliflower
Check back soon, I'll be sharing more of our clean eating recipes and more cauliflower recipes. I want to try cauliflower rice and cauliflower mashed potatoes so please share any recipes you've tried and loved for those.
What other clean eating recipes have you tried and loved?
Recipe notes: clean eating recipes, healthy recipes, vegetarian recipes and side dish ideas