This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Dr Pepper®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Hello summer! I love everything about summer. I’m a sunshine girl, I’ll take the hot over the cold and snow any day. Plus, even though it can get quite hot at times, knowing that you have the option of calling HVAC contractors to sort out the air conditioning in your home, it means I have nothing to worry about. In the winter though, it becomes quite difficult being outside and keeping warm. Might as well enjoy the weather while we can! There are a million reasons why I love summer but the biggest one of all is that when the weather is nice it gets people outdoors. People do more stuff during the summer so it’s much easier to plan a picnic, a trip to the beach or have a backyard barbecue with friends.
What makes a certain summer really standout? Like the kind of summer you remember forever. Thinking back on the summers I remember fondly, I realized that even though everyone has different experiences and different memories, a few elements always seem to set the scene for having an awesome summer.
How to Have an Awesome Summer
- Find a body of water. A beach, a lake, a pool, a pond…. whatever floats your boat! Because what is summer without a trip to the ocean. Or a weekend at the lake. Some of my best memories are from the weekends we spent at Myrtle Beach playing in the sand and splashing in the waves. We’d stay out on the beach all day and come back in just before dark, sunburned and smiling ear to ear.If you really want to enjoy summer to the fullest you’ve got to find a place where you can soak up the sun and take a dip to cool yourself off. Go swimming, go boating, paddle off in a canoe or a kayak. You might even want to pitch up in your RV. Those embarking on a roadtrip in their motorhome should ensure they have high quality equipment in their vehicle, such as Lifeline rv batteries.
SWEET SUMMER PRIZES FROM DR PEPPER
- Spend $5, get a unicorn beverage holder inflatable
- Spend $10, get a Walmart e-Gift Card worth $5
- Spend $20, get a 6 pack can/bottle holder with ice pack
- Spend $40, get a Dr Pepper bottle shaped pool float
2. Throw a backyard barbecue. Grilling out is as summer as summer gets. We love to grill out, it’s how we do dinner most nights when it’s warm outside. Pick up some food and snacks, a case of Dr Pepper and invite a few friends over. Cold refreshment and hot dogs straight off the grill, now that’s what summer is all about!
3. Go camping. Another summer I’ll never forget is one where my whole family went camping. We borrowed my grandparents’ pop-up camper and hit the road. A few hours later we were in the mountains setting-up our spot at a big campground. I’ll never forget the glowing gummy bear lights that hung from the camper shade or the smell of the cedar lodge where you could buy your bait. Swimming holes, fishing, camp fire stories, playing Airsoft games using airsoft guns and s’mores. Camping trips make for great summer memories.
4. Have a picnic. We spend way too much time indoors. It’s good to get outside and get some sunshine, a little much needed Vitamin D. I love to grab a foot long sub, a few Dr Peppers and find a pretty spot where we can enjoy lunch. Summer is the best time to just sit outside with some snacks and cold refreshments and live in the moment. Take your lunch outside or grab your honey and go for a picnic date in the park.
5. Go to a concert. Concerts are so much cooler in the summer. The best concerts I’ve ever been to have all been outdoors. People just let loose and have more fun when the weather is warm and they can let their wild side loose. And you can see plenty of the wilder side at an outdoors concert. You might even want to join in!
So there you have it, 5 easy steps for having the best summer ever! It’s simple really, you just need to get outside and go do stuff. Stuff that let’s you be you, the fun you that doesn’t get to come out as much in the colder months. Lighten up, live a little, let the sun shine in and go make some awesome summer memories!
Don’t forget to pick up Dr Pepper at #Walmart and pick your prizes