Summer Makeup + Things I Love | My Favorite Beauty Essentials List
I went on a little shopping spree (ok, maybe not so little) for new summer makeup awhile back and I'm loving all my new stuff. I'm pretty pale in the winter so I look forward to changing it up when summer hits. Now that I'm not so young (Rule: never ever refer to yourself as old!) I'm religious about my skincare routine and slathering on the sunscreen. I need something with SPF built in and I need a great bronzer for everyday, but I'm a girly girl so I like to glam it up a bit for date nights with my hubby or Sunday brunch.
Here's my Summer Makeup List and other things I'm loving
- Smashbox Brow Tech Trio– for a long time I was sadly unaware of how filling in your brows can change your face and make you look younger. Not anymore!
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara– Umm, how can you not love this just for the name. But it really is an amazing mascara. Take it from a girl who never leaves the house without one and has tried about a million
- Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick– This lippy is the perfect nude. It's so soft and looks incredible with a tan
- Dior Creme De Rose Lip Balm– I'm not always into lipstick, most days I just want a nice pretty sheen and something thats gonna keep my lips hydrated. I love this lip balm
- Philosophy Summer Escape to the Beach Bath Soaps- My morning shower smells are seasonal, it kind of sets the tone for me. I LOVE these yummy scents from Philosophy. It's vacation in a bottle
- Bobby Brown Sandy Nudes Nail Polish– These colors are gorgeous with a little glow
- Nars Single Eye Shadow Compact in Outer Limits- If you are constantly buying browns and beiges for your everyday shadow, stop. Buy this one and you'll be set. It's the perfect shade of tan.
- Nars Anguilla Matte Multiple- This is that thing that does double duty that you carry with you everywhere and takes your face from zombie to hello, lovely in seconds. Its a pretty pop of pink on your cheeks or your lips. I'm obsessed!
- Nars Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight– I had this on my list of makeup to try because I read that Kim Kardashian loved it. I'm not following her instagram for parenting advice, but she knows makeup. This color works best if you have bit of color so this only works for me in the summertime.
- Mally Beauty Face Defender BB Cream- My go-to has been the Mercier tinted moisturizer for forever but I got a sample of this in a monthly sample box and really liked it. It's got a really pretty dewy natural look and blends fabulously.
- Guerlain Les Plus Beau Jour de ma Vie Eau de Parfum– Whoa! Good luck trying to ask for that at the store! Just show them this pic, lol. I go for light and floral for my summer perfume. My list of favorites would be Creed Spring Flower, Versace Bright Crystal and Gucci Flora. This falls in that family and is really lovely and fresh.
- Makeup Bag– This one is from Forever 21, but I'm eyeing the pink flamingo Kate Spade cosmetic bag. I'm all about the flamingos this summer! #flamingosarehavingthebestsummerever