This post was created in partnership with LANEIGE as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review, but all opinions within are my own.
After my son was born I started noticing a change in my skin. Suddenly it seemed much drier than ever before, and definitely not quite as glowing as it was in my younger years. At first I just wrote it off as one of the not so lovely effects of being a new mom, along with the bags under my eyes and the dreadful dark circles.
But my dermatologist set me straight on the facts of life and the secret to aging gracefully. Not only was my lack of sleep taking it’s toll on my skin, my lack of skincare was contributing to my dull, dry complexion. She explained that while it’s important to nourish my body from within with a healthy diet and lots of water, it’s also essential to care for and hydrate my skin everyday.
Now I’m obsessed with taking care of my skin and I make sure to follow a facial routine that cleanses, moisturizes and protects. Along with aging, there are so many elements that can wreak havoc on your skin day after day. Makeup, sun exposure, pollution, stress- they all start to leave signs of wear. You need products that treat all these issues as well as hydrate and enhance your skin to make you look and feel fabulous.
That’s why I love the LANEIGE “Power of 7” Korean beauty routine! K-beauty focuses on caring for your skin and giving it the time and attention it needs. It’s become wildly popular because it gives women beautiful, radiant results. Who doesn’t want more radiant, healthy looking skin? LANEIGE’s patented Advanced Water ScienceTMtechnology hydrates the skin from inside the cells to protect, illuminate, revitalize, cover and show immediate visible results. Plus the LANEIGE line is affordable and convenient to buy. You can find it online and in Target stores.
This is what my 7 Step Laneige K-Beauty Routine looks like:
- Cleanse. The Multi-Cleanser is a makeup remover and exfoliator that deep cleans, removing all the dirt and residue of sunscreen and cosmetics.
- Clarify. The Power Essential Skin Toner purifies my skin and exfoliates the dead skin cells while also helping to supply and retain moisture.
- Balance. The Balancing Emulsion is a purifying lotion with Optimal Mineral Water that helps retain moisture, protect my skin and give it a luminous glow.
- Treat. The Water Bank Serum reveals a smoother, more hydrated and healthier complexion. I use this after applying the Balancing Emulsion morning and night, lightly pressing it into my skin. It gives my skin a softer, silky feel.
- Moisturize. Next I use the Water Bank Moisture Cream to strengthen my skin and help prevent moisture loss, morning and night.
- Revive. My favorite part of my routine and a very important one, the Water Sleeping Mask is amazing! It’s an ultra-hydrating treatment that I use once or twice a week to retexturize and replenish. Leave it on overnight and rinse off in the morning for instant, radiant results. My skin looks and feels softer and more refreshed.
- Protect. Finally, I use the BB Cushion, a buildable cream foundation that not only gives you smooth coverage to hide redness and imperfections, it protects with SPF 50+.
The BB Cushion is a 5-in-1 multi-tasker, makeup that doesn’t feel heavy buy gives great coverage with built in sunscreen to protect my skin from sun damage. It goes on so easy, and I love that the compact is designed so that I don’t have to worry about using my fingers or making a mess.
Enter to win a LANEIGE Prize Pack!
Contest opens on June 12 and ends on July 5, 2016
*I-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and will handle fulfillment of the winning prizes (8 winners).