Fourth of July desserts, recipe for Lemon Drizzle Cake Topped with Berries. Find more fabulous recipes and ideas for celebrating July 4th on my Pinterest boards.
All this week I’ve been sharing lots of fun ways to celebrate the Fourth of July, with decorating ideas and a few delicious recipes. Today I’m sharing a sweet treat that is perfect for any summer party, especially a red white & blue backyard barbecue! My husband loves lemon cake, it’s one of his favorite desserts. This one is super tasty, crunchy sweet with a little citrus kick, finished off with fresh berries. It’s a crowd pleaser that looks extra pretty on the table and will have everyone’s mouth watering!
We topped this one off with blueberries and raspberries but you could mix it up with any fruit you like. Strawberries or blackberries, you could also use canned fruit as well.
Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe
2 3/4 Cups Self Rising Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
1 3/4 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Crisco
3/4 Cup Milk
1 Teaspoon Lemon Extract
1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
2 Tablespoons Flour
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
3 Tablespoons Confectioners Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Lemon Extract
1/4 Teaspoon Grated Lemon Rind
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add in sugar and stir.
- Cut in shortening. Add milk, lemon extract, almond extract, and eggs and beat thoroughly. Set batter aside.
- To make the topping combine 3/4 cup of batter with flour, brown sugar, confectioner’s sugar, lemon extract and lemon rind and mix well.
- Spread topping in bottom of well-greased cake pan. Pour batter on top and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from pan immediately and let cool.
- Top with berries and serve
For more Fourth of July Desserts check out our Pinterest Board
What’s are your favorite fourth of July desserts? Share them on our Facebook page