Sharing some easy snack ideas that will keep your kids happy when you’re on the run. Check out my snack hacks for ways to feed your little people as they gear up for warm weather activities and summer fun.
Spring is here and I couldn’t be more excited to get outside and enjoy a little bit of sunshine and fresh air. Trying to keep a toddler entertained indoors during the past few months of cold and snow has almost drove me crazy. But now that the weather is warmer and the sun is shining we have a whole list of fun activities to keep us busy.
We’ve got soccer and swimming, a ton of fun day trips to parks and museums and a few big road trips coming up in the next few months. Keeping up with a busy calendar means planning ahead and being prepared so we avoid the toddler meltdowns and stress of rushing and running late.
Toddlers seem to have an insatiable hunger and endless amounts of energy so I make sure my little guy has lots of options to keep him happy and fueled for the day. He loves pretzels, whole grain chips and oranges. They are our main staples for snacking as well as the Capri Sun juice drinks.
The thing that makes my life so much easier and keeps my little man from turning into a hungry monster is keeping a snack station of wholesome snacks stocked and ready to grab and go. Plus having snacks on hand at all times has made it so much easier for us to avoid bad habits like eating junk food and going for a quick fast food fix. It keeps us from spending more too and it fits into our healthy eating plan better than just winging it day to day.
Capri Sun recently introduced Capri Sun Organic, a certified USDA organic juice drink that contains one serving of fruit. It’s a wholesome drink option kids love and moms can feel good about. (**Each pouch provides 1/2 cup fruit juice which is one serving of fruit according to the U.S. Dietary Guidelines.)
I love that it is sweetened only with fruit juice, has no added sugar and contains 100% recommended of the recommended daily value vitamin C. Plus it’s certified organic and contains no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Capri Sun Organic comes in several delicious flavors: fruit punch, tropical punch, apple and our personal favorite, grape!
Having lot’s of good drink and snack choices makes it so much simpler for me to keep up with my busy toddler’s boundless energy. With all the fun spring and summer adventures we’ve got planned it’s one less thing to have think about.
Check out my list of Snack Hacks below and share some of your favorite snack ideas on our Facebook page or in the comments below.
Easy Snack Ideas — Here are a few of my mom tested snack hacks that make life easier!
- Keep a basket of grab and go snacks in the kitchen so your kids have something to munch or or so you can throw a few in your purse on your way out the door
- Portion out snacks like pretzels, popcorn, granola, dried fruit and whole grain crackers into small bags
- Make a snack bag to keep in the car too. Be sure to stock it with snacks that won’t melt or spoil
- Don’t forget about beverages. Keeping your kid’s hydrated while they are outdoors, participating in sports and activities is very important
- Fresh fruit is always a great choice for a quick snack
- Make veggie cups with yogurt dip or dressing ready in the fridge
- Nuts are a yummy, easy, mess free option for travelling snackers
- Prepare for extended road trips with a well balanced variety of fruits, whole grain snacks, cheese, lean protein wraps and veggie snacks like baby carrots
Pin This for Later! Follow our Pinterest boards for more Kids Snack inspiration
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.