Chores for kids by age…. This post was sponsored by COUNTRY Financial® as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Our son has a bad case of the “I wants!” Every toy commercial that comes on tv prompts him to tell us that he really, really wants that toy. As parents we want our child to understand the importance of working hard and saving money. So we decided it was time to start teaching him about earning money and how it all works.
Chores for Toddlers and Preschoolers
Out of all the things he wants, a new bicycle is at the very very top of the list. So we explained to him that if he wanted a bike he would need to start earning money by doing chores and saving up his earnings to help purchase a new bike. Chores are a great way of teaching kids responsibility and helping them develop a sense of teamwork. Setting up a system of rewards for chores will teach your child how to set goals, earn and save money.
Chores List Tracker
Thankfully, there's also an app for that. Through the use of technology, the ChorePal app, presented by COUNTRY Financial® not only empowers families, but also teaches kids how to set short- and long-term goals, and the value of a dollar, providing instant satisfaction for a job well done.
The ChorePal App was developed by COUNTRY Financial™, a full-service insurance and financial services company. From retirement planning to annuities, and auto, home, business, and life insurance, COUNTRY Financial™ has a broad range of services. What really sets them apart is that they take a personal approach to finance by being active in the communities where they do business.
Best Apps for Kids
Spending and Saving Money
So why would a financial planning company want to develop an app for chores? The COUNTRY Financial® Security Index measures American’s sentiments of their personal financial security and topics that impact their finances. The latest COUNTRY Financial®Security Index examined Americans’ current sentiments on the topic of teaching their children about finances through the use of chores and allowance. Based on their research COUNTRY Financial™ realized how helpful such an app would be for families.
With the ChorePal App you can give your child chores and rewards that can be customized for any age and ability. You choose what tasks to assign and you set the reward they will earn. By using the app consistently every day your child will come to understand how earning, saving and spending money works.
Chores for Kids
How can you help teach your child the value of hard work and the importance of saving money?
- Start young. It's never too early to encourage your child to be helpful. Even toddlers are able to do small tasks and learn responsibility. By establishing these habits early on you'll help your child develop a good work ethic.
- Encourage them to set goals. By teaching your child to set goals you'll help them develop a sense of achievement and help build their independence and self-esteem.
- Set-up a system to assign tasks and track their accomplishment. The ChorePal App is a convenient, helpful tool for parents to use.
- Reward their persistence. Remember to applaud them along the way and remind your child not to give up.
- Be a good example. Teach your child by modelling good financial management, highlighting your own efforts to earn and save money on a daily basis.
How do you teach your children the value of hard work and earning money?